Saturday, December 11, 2010

Seeking individual Peace- The Peace of Wild Things by Wendell Berry

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and children’s lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water and the great herons feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief.    I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light.  For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

In nature there is no fear about what tomorrow will bring. Human nature is to fret and worry about the aspects of life which are beyond our control. What if we just chose to live in the moment taking everything in as it comes to us? Returning to nature and surrounding ourselves with the animals that live in the now is a way to return to ourselves and become a more peaceful being in the process. Owning the moment and claiming what is our right- happiness.  Valuing our existence at it’s most basic level will bring to us what it is we need to be an individual who radiates peace to others. Take the time to go outside of the world that presents conflict.  Look to the creatures who know what is happening to them as they live an only life as it occurs. Solve problems as they present to you, don’t sacrifice what little time we have wondering about what will be taken tomorrow.
Free yourself from unnecessary worry-Peace will come to you.






No comments:

Post a Comment